Our most experienced trebles frequently perform as soloists in operas, concerts, on TV and on film soundtracks.
Miles in Britten’s The Turn of the Screw is arguably the most challenging operatic role for a boy treble and we have a proud association with this opera. Our roll of honour includes providing the Miles for productions at Aldeburgh (2009, 2015), Mexico Opera (2011), Grimeborn (2011), Vienna Volksoper (2011), Israeli Opera (2013), Teatro Communale, Bologna (2013), Oper am Rhein (2013), Vienna Konzerthaus (2014), Maggio musicale, Florence (2015), Poly Theatre, Beijing (2015), Teatro alla Scala, Milan (2016) and Palau les Arts, Valencia (2017).
Other operatic roles include the Three Boys in Mozart’s The Magic Flute (Lucerne Festival, Glyndebourne and Garsington), Debussy’s Yniold in Pelleas and Melisande, the Shepherd Boy in Puccini’s Tosca and Wagner’s Tannhauser.
Trinity soloists have appeared in the BBC Proms (Dutilleux’s The Shadows of Time and Mendelssohn’s Elijah), at the Krakow Film Festival in Poland, and in prestigious international venues such as Amsterdam’s Concertgebouw and Vienna’s Konzerthaus. Recent appearances have included:
- Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Requiem with the Krakow Philharmonic Orchestra (2009)
- World premiere of Suster Berken at the Concertgebouw, Amsterdam (2010)
- Mahler’s Das Klagende Lied at the Concertgebouw, Amsterdam (2012)
- Bernstein’s Chichester Psalms at the Helsinki Philharmonic, Finland (2013)
- Bernstein’s Chichester Psalms with the London Symphony Orchestra (2015)
- Bernstein’s Chichester Psalms with the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra (2015)
- Christmas with Aled Jones in Manchester, Birmingham and at the Royal Albert Hall (2015)
- Locke’s The Tempest at Shakespeare’s Globe with the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment (2015)
- Dutilleux’s The Shadows of Time with the BBC Symphony Orchestra (2016)
- Dutilleux’s The Shadows of Time with the Philharmonia at the BBC Proms (2016)
- Christmas with Aled Jones at the Barbican (2016)
- Bernstein’s Chichester Psalms at the Concertgebouw, Amsterdam (2017)
Christmas TV specials often call for boys’ choirs or soloists and we have appeared on numerous UK programmes. Most recently one of our boys sang in John Bishop’s Christmas Show (2014) and a group sang in Cunk on Christmas (2016).
- Our soloists have sung on the soundtracks of these recent films:
- Maleficent (2014)
- Unbroken (2014)
- The Little Prince (2015)
- The 9th Life of Louis Drax (2015)
- San Andreas (2015)
- Zhong Kui: The Snow Girl and the Dark Crystal (2015)
- The Huntsman: Winter’s War (2016)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)